Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012! Good riddance Facebook!


No need for me to sugarcoat it... I hate Facebook. I have, up until now, used it because if I want to connect with all the other sheep in the world, I had to be on it. My New Year's resolution (no more facebook for me) is based on my new philosophy: if the only way to keep in touch with a "friend" is on Facebook, I don't want them as a friend.

I am on Google+ (a far superior social network), Twitter (my platform of choice), Vimeo (a video-sharing heaven) and LinkedIn (for the boring stuff). If anyone truly wishes to connect with me, they can do so at any of those platforms. Anyone who uses Facebook exclusively and is unwilling to connect through any other platform... well, frankly, they suck and I'm happy to be disconnected from them.

I don't want world peace. I want all the idiots who complain about Facebook to deactivate their account. Quit supporting that douche bag Zuckernuts!

Hello 2012! Good riddance Facebook!

5 comments:

  1. Hilarious and if I felt like going through the trouble of teaching my grandmas how to use another social network I would change also. Call it preserving my sanity, it was hard enough to teach them all the first time. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. That's exactly why facebook still thrives. I decided to cut the cord anyway. I'll revert back to 1984 for those who don't connect with me elsewhere. Phone calls and holidays. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... now thats a resolution different from the rest... Now, to see who all follow suit!
    And you got a point... those who want to connect only via FB don't deserve to in the first place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mahalingam. My family is the main reason I used Facebook... so grandma could see pics and updates about the kids, but she's going to have to find another way. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... time to make her join Google+...

    ReplyDelete